Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Changes

I suck at blogger, I am well aware.....

Since the last time I posted, a few things are changing and so much seems to be going on, its like a never ending train ride.


First, we went to South Carolina for our anniversary in August and it was amazing!!!! I flew into Atlanta for our layover, which by the way sucks and is the worst airport I have ever flown into, but then we were off to Savannah. Savannah/Hilton Head Airport is amazing. It is nice and elegant and makes you feel like you landed in a country club. Awaiting our arrival was our friend Alyssa and her beautiful babies, Lily and Jack. OMG, they are sooooooooo cute..... Alyssa lives about 45 mins from the airport in Lady's Island, SC.

It was green, it was humid, it was sunny, and it was warm and I was in heaven. I loved it there. They lived near the water, but their parents their beautiful backyard has a walk way to the water, which they have a boot and kayak.  We went to the 2 different beaches, we went to the pool, Charleston, saw some of the history of SC, and had some of the most amazing fired food and sweet tea!!I was so sad to leave and seriously WOULD NOT MIND living there forever in the heat.




Once we returned from SC, I started school again and after about a month of that stressball bs, I decided to drop my Chem class and instead have joined a program to get my certification to become a doula.(Now I am still taking classes at CU)  This was shocking to some family members, but I have talked about being a doc, midwife, labor and delivery nurse, something to do with pregnancy and labor and delivery for a long time and now I am reaching for my goals.  I had my first class a few weeks ago and it was amazing. I enjoyed every second of the 8.5 hour class. It is my calling, I can feel it in my bones.I have several more classes and have to attend and assist in 3 births and I will officially a doula. I am so excited about this journey and the opportunities it could bring.

I also celebrated my 25th birthday, which makes me feel old.

In other news, we have decided to place our house on the market and moving (not to SC :( ) When we bought our house 3 years ago, we were a little blinded by the work that was needed to upgrade and make this house of ours, our own. We were so excited and were optimistic of the potential that the house had and really it is a great house, but we realized after putting a SH*T of work into it that the potential we dreamed of cost money..... a lot of money....... and when it came down to it, no matter how we remodeled and upgraded, there were features that we couldn't change EVER. For example, our master is small and yes it would be nice to expand it to make it  bigger, but again, that cost more money than it would be worth. ALSO, the small detail that J hates our neighborhood......

Its a good neighborhood, full of older couples, nice big and old trees, and a great school down the street BUT we live on a corner lot and have GHETTO apartments across from us, no matter how we remodel the house, the apartments will always be there. So after a night of loud music, the cops being called, and speed racing, J said were moving.

So that is where we are at, we are fixing what will increase our value of the house; carpet, fixtures, bathrooms (J's diy disaster) and new paint, we are placing this bad boy on the market and hoping to get in a new home!

Lots of changes but were excited to what door it will open for us in the future!

BLOG SOON, I PROMISE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment