Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Goals

Day 13-Goals

I have so many goals, big and small!

School
Finish my Associates degree and transfer to UCD
To graduate with my Bachelors degree in BIO
Get into the Med program and work up toward a PhD

Work
As much as I love doing what I am doing, its not my life dream. I will continue working here until I get through school and have an internship and job offer in place. For all I know, I could explore my opportunities and before a manager or director, who knows. But since I'm not  a doctor yet or a manager I will continue working hard and pulling my weight at work.

Home
The goal with our home is to get it into the best shape we can, considering it was built in 1969.   We have discussed leaving in the house for another 2 years and then putting it on the market to see what we can get for it and going from there.  At times, I would love to stay in our house forever, but then again, I would love to be in a newer home that I dont have to fix every weekend.

Family
My goal is to be the best sister, sister in law, aunt, daughter in law and daughter that I can to my family. They mean the world to me and I want to work toward being there for them and give my family support and love all the time.

Marriage
Something that I have learned in martial counseling is that you cant go into a marriage with expectations. The goal in my marriage is to be the best wife I can be. Work through every fight we have, hold each others hands no matter what, and to love each other. My goal is love my husband and support him every day of our lives.

Money
My goal is to get rid of all our debt by the end of 2012. Of course, we cant pay off our house by then, but I hope that by the end of 2012, we will have our vehicles paid off, credit cards paid off, student loans, personal loans. It is a huge goal, but I have hope that if we work together we can do it.

Future
One of these days, I want to be a mom. I want to be able to feel and touch and hold and love my own child. I want to be able to give my children the love of a mother that I was never able to get. I want to be able to see Joey and I in a baby and light up everytime I talk about them.  I dream of being a mom and with the help of the wonderful woman around me, I pray I am as great as they are.


Personal Goals
Have a Relationship with God
Be more secure within my skin and love myself for me
Do a 10K- DEC 18th, woohoo!
Work up toward a Half Marathon
Finish a Full Marathon
Snowboard without falling and crying
Snowshoe
Hike a 14er, maybe not 14 or 50 of them, but to be able to hike/climb one is a huge goal
Travel to a 3rd World Country
Go on a mission trip
Visit all 50 states in the US
Scuba Dive
Go on a cruise
Rescue several dogs , maybe a cat
Assist in a delivery of a child
Sky dive
See a whale
Travel the world
Learn to surf :)

No comments:

Post a Comment